Flight Delay, Cancellation or Tarmac Delay
Calm Air will keep passengers regularly informed if there is a flight disruption and will provide passengers with flight status updates every 30 minutes until a new departure time has been set. The information will be given as soon as possible and will include the nature of the disruption. Information will be provided through the following means:
- An audible announcement;
- Website Flight Status display;
- Flight information display screens in airports where applicable; and
- Preferred method of communication within the existing options provided by Calm Air for passengers with disabilities.
Depending on the length and type of delay, you may be entitled to the following:
|Length of Delay||Compensation Issued||(1) Controllable||(2) Controllable but for Safety||(3) Uncontrollable|
|2 hrs +||Meal voucher (as per applicable time of day)||YES||YES||NO|
|3 hrs – 4 hrs 59 min||Meal voucher (as applicable time of day) + Travel credit of $100||YES||NO||NO|
|5 hrs +||Meal voucher (as applicable time of day) + Travel credit of $200||YES||NO||NO|
|8+ hours||Meals, transportation, hotel and travel credit of $200||YES||YES||NO|
Please note the following:
- Travel Credits are issued for Controllable disruptions only;
- Compensation will not be issued for Uncontrollable disruptions;
- Compensation will be issued to Revenue passengers only (employee travel and gratuitous travel is exempt from compensation);
- Compensation will not be applied to reservations where passengers no-show for their flight, or where they rebook immediately upon notification of the delay.
Additionally, the following may apply:
- Passengers will be provided access to a means of communication as required (per applicable available method in each airport location - e.g. access to a phone and/or to WiFi);
- Passengers will be rebooked upon their request to the next available flight to their final destination on their itinerary at no additional charge;
- If the passenger chooses to no longer travel as the disruption results in the loss of purpose of travel, Calm Air will transport the passenger back to their point of origin on their itinerary;
- Passengers may request a refund for the full amount of their ticket if not transported to their destination, by contacting Calm Air Reservations at 1-800-839-2256; For more information on Flight Disruptions, please refer to the Scheduled Domestic Tarrif.
Denied Boarding (Overselling of Flights)
Calm Air does not purposefully oversell our flights, however, in the unlikely event where denied boarding is required and within Calm Air’s control, passenger(s) may be entitled to compensation. Calm Air will look for volunteers from all confirmed passengers before denied boarding will occur.
Please Note: Compensation will NOT be issued if the passenger is being refused travel:
- For health, safety, or security reasons;
- For failing to follow carrier rules;
- Because a passenger does not have appropriate travel documents; or
- The passenger has failed to respect check-in and departure gate cut-off time limits.
In cases of denied boarding within Calm Air’s control, except for reasons required for safety, a passenger may be entitled to compensation as follows:
Length of Delay (from original ARRIVAL time at destination)
Less than 6 hours
$900 CAD *($1,800 travel credit voucher)
Over 6 hours but less than 9 hours
$1,800 CAD *($3,600 travel credit voucher)
9 hours or more
$2,400 CAD *($4,800 travel credit voucher)
*NOTE: Travel credits/vouchers may be offered in lieu of “cash” compensation in cases of denied boarding. The passenger must agree to receive the credit/voucher in lieu of cash (they must be offered both forms), and the amount of the credit/voucher will be 200% of the amount of cash compensation ($1 cash CAD being equivalent to $2 in travel credit vouchers).
For more information on Denial of Boarding, click here.
Delayed, Lost, or Damaged Baggage
We recommend that passengers notify a Calm Air Customer Service Agent immediately upon their arrival of any delayed or damaged baggage.
Passengers may be entitled to compensation in the event baggage has been delayed, lost or damaged beyond normal wear and tear.
The following may apply:
- For damaged baggage, the claim must be submitted within 7 days after the passenger receives the baggage.
- For delayed baggage, claims for interim expenses must be made within 21 days from the date on which the delayed baggage was received.
- Calm Air will provide a refund of any baggage fees paid if the baggage has been delayed, lost or damaged.
- Calm Air’s maximum liability for delayed, lost or damaged baggage has been increased to $2,100 CAD per person, per incident upon submission of receipts.
For more information on Delayed, Lost or Damaged Baggage, please refer to the Scheduled Domestic Tarrif.
Seating of Children under age 14
Calm Air does not offer pre-reserved seat selection.
Calm Air will accommodate the seating of children under the age of 14 with their parent and/or guardian at no additional cost. Simply speak with a Reservation or Check-in Agent to ensure preboarding is advised.
For more information on the Seating of Children, click here.
Need Additional Help, Information and/or Solutions?
Passengers may contact Calm Air directly by calling Reservations at 1-800-839-2256, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information pertaining to the above content, please refer to the Scheduled Domestic Tariff.
For passengers who have attempted to resolve a complaint with Calm Air directly and are unsatisfied with the outcome - passengers may file a complaint with the Canadian Transportation Agency.