Passengers traveling on flight series 100 to 199 enjoy a generous free baggage allowance of two (2) pieces per fare-paying passenger with a combined weight of no more than 70 lbs (32 kg), which includes valet items. Individual pieces must weigh no more than 50 lbs (23 kg) each and measure (L+W+H) less than 62 inches (158 cm).
Passengers traveling on flight series 200 to 399 enjoy Calm Air’s maximum free baggage allowance of three (3) pieces per fare-paying passenger with combined weight of no more than 120 lbs (54 kg). Individual pieces must weigh no more than 50 lbs (23 kg) each and measure (L+W+H) less than 62 inches (158 cm).
Excess items may be accepted in addition to your free baggage allowance as detailed above. Baggage exceeding the maximum free allowance (too large, too heavy, or too many pieces), will be assessed an excess baggage fee, or may be required to be shipped as cargo. These items will travel subject to availability of space and weight.
The maximum combined weight of all pieces accepted as checked baggage on flight series 100 to 199 is 100 lbs (45 kg) per fare-paying passenger (70 lbs free, 30 lbs excess). The maximum combined weight of all pieces accepted as checked baggage on flight series 200 to 399 is 140 lbs (64 kg) per fare-paying passenger (120 lbs free, 20 lbs excess). Baggage exceeding these limits must be shipped as cargo.
Any individual piece exceeding 70 lbs (32 kg) or 115 inches (292 cm) in total linear dimensions or 80 inches (203 cm) in length will not be accepted as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo.
Please refer to the following chart for an example of possible excess charges:
|Within Piece Limit||3 or more pieces
(Series 100 - 199)
|4 or more pieces
(Series 200 - 399)
|$26.25||Within weight & dimensions||$78.75||Within weight & dimensions||$78.75|
|Oversized & overweight)||$52.50||Oversized
|Oversized & overweight||$131.25||Oversized & overweight||$131.25|
*The above fees are displayed in CAD and include GST.
Please allow extra time at the airport for the checking of excess baggage. All excess baggage will travel subject to availability of space and weight.
Interline Transfer of Baggage
Calm Air is not able to interline tag your baggage to another airline. If you are transferring to/from another carrier, please allow sufficient time to collect your baggage and re-check it in with the next carrier.
- Please identify any perishable items you may be checking, so that the appropriate labels can be attached to each item and proper packaging can be confirmed. Limited Release tags will be filled out, releasing Calm Air of all liability.
- Keep all loose handles, hooks, and straps closed securely and, if possible, remove them. These can catch on conveyors and belt loaders, possibly causing damage to your baggage or that of other passengers’ baggage.
- Remove all old airline tags.
- Attach identification tags to the inside and outside of the all baggage – include full name, destination, contact number and address.
- Keep all medications, keys and high value items such as cameras, jewelry, electronic devices, cash, credit cards, and identification with you in your carry-on. Do not place them in your checked baggage.
- If you lock your luggage, please be advised that Calm Air is not liable for any damage resulting from any security measures taken by Transport Canada or CATSA.
- Report any missing, delayed, or damaged items to our a Calm Air agents immediately upon arrival at your destination.
- Airport security personnel require that all carry-on items available for inspection. If you are transporting a wrapped gift, please pack it in your checked baggage.