Reliability Manager - Winnipeg, MB
Position Title: Reliability Manager
Status: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
The Reliability Manager is responsible for continuous improvement of Calm Air fleet efficiency and in-service reliability. Key activities include comprehensive analysis of fleet performance, root cause analysis, corrective action plan development, cost savings initiatives and follow-up analysis to ensure effectivity of action plans.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, comply with, and improve Calm Air’s Reliability Program
- Review and analyze systemic aircraft faults and component failures, find root cause, and develop corrective actions to mitigate
- Review the company Maintenance Schedule and amend to meet organizational requirements
- Develop technical requirements and procedures, including publishing draft documents
- Participate in all phases of reliability program corrective actions. Provide analytical support, evaluation and calculations for new corrective actions and subsequent initiation including cost benefit analysis, evaluating end-user performance, and providing cost and schedule estimates
- Develop and maintain KPI’s in relation to Reliability Program
- Provide technical support to Calm Air Stores department for difficult component repairs
- Provide support and consultation services with regard to new technologies and the development of new repairs and processes
- Assist with Safety Management System investigations, corrective action development and implementation
- Streamline processes and implement proactive maintenance initiatives and liaison with maintenance for training and implementation for process change
- Participate in budgeting exercise for aircraft fleet
- Take part in maintenance CAPEX budgeting
- Other duties as assigned
Safety and Leadership:
Managers, Supervisors and Leads – have been delegated the authority and are responsible to the Department Head to actively identify hazards and deficiencies and report through the SMS (Safety Management System) Program reporting system. Communicate with all personnel within their respective department and other departments as required to maintain effective day to day activities. Ensure regulatory and company standards are maintained. Assist in the development and maintenance of company processes and procedures. (Quality Assurance activities).
Carry out their duties safely within regulatory and company standards, policies, processes, and procedures as trained. Use safety equipment (tools, Proper Protective Equipment etc.) as provided. Actively identify and report hazards and deficiencies (when in doubt report). Assist in development of company processes and procedures as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of both operational and maintenance regulations required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related engineering discipline
- Engineering degree in materials science, mechanical engineering, metallurgical engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of gas turbine engine theory and performance
- Fully familiar with testing methods and experiment design to meet air safety compliance program requirements
- Strong organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Thorough knowledge of aerospace materials and processes
- Ability to read, understand and interpret aircraft technical documents and drawings
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- Proficiency in Power BI is preferred but experience with business intelligence software is considered an asset
- Ability to obtain and maintain an enhanced security clearance
As a federally regulated company, Calm Air is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
If this sounds like the job for you, contact us! Calm Air International is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume in confidence by October 29, 2021 to Tim Kroeker at email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.