Maintenance Operations Control Manager - Winnipeg, MB
Position: Maintenance Operations Control Manager
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Start Date: Immediately
The Maintenance Operations Control Manager is responsible for operational forecasting and scheduling within the Maintenance department. This position will build strong, operational cohesiveness and represent the Maintenance department within the SOCC environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Line Maintenance related matters on a system-wide basis
- Monitor and Maintain Technical Dispatch of Fleet
- Coordinate with the maintenance bases to ensure timely rectification of MELs, CDLs, and Deferrals, or other outstanding maintenance discrepancies
- Coordinate with the maintenance bases regarding implementation of the short-term maintenance forecast
- Liaise with Flight Dispatch, and Duty Manager to provide current and continuous reports of the general mechanical status of the fleet
- To provide direction and support for the entire Maintenance system during IROP situations & daily operations
- Liaison with the Duty Manager during IROP situations & daily operations
- Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance for authorization of Ferry Flights, Weight and Balance Amendments, MEL Extensions etc.
- Assist in ongoing company projects as required
- Carrying out Quality Assurance functions as directed by the Director of Quality & Safety
- Assisting with and supporting all policies and procedures regarding the Calm Air SMS Program, as outlined in the company Safety Management Manual, CAV-1001
- Adhere to and promote safe working practices within the Maintenance department
- Other duties as assigned
Safety and Leadership
- Change management leader – execute change while supporting employees through communication listening and actioning
- Lead and develop all purchasing/stores employees
- Ensure any incidents are reported through the safety management system
- Actively support the safety management system by following SMS processes and encouraging a safety reporting culture in your department.
- Promote occupational health and safety within your department, and participate in the development and monitoring of safety training
- Proactively communicate hazards and SMS initiatives with your department
- Embark on employment equity initiatives; engaging with all employees to promote employment equity and encouraging employees to undertake the self-declaration survey updating as necessary
Managers, Supervisors and Leads – have been delegated the authority and are responsible to the Department Head to actively identify hazards and deficiencies and report through the SMS (Safety Management System) Program reporting system. Communicate with all personnel within their respective department and other departments as required to maintain effective day to day activities. Ensure regulatory and company standards are maintained. Assist in the development and maintenance of company processes and procedures. (Quality Assurance activities)
All levels of the organization share responsibility for human rights within the organization, overseeing and promoting continuous improvement on human rights and employment equity initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must posses a valid AME license
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience an asset
- Excellent computer skills including all Office programs
- Capable of working shift work that includes nights and weekends
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of Win Air is an asset
- Good interpersonal and practical communication skills required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid security clearance
If this sounds like the job for you, contact us! Calm Air International is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume in confidence by February 26, 2021 to Brendin Storseth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.