Flight Attendants - Rankin Inlet, NU
Position Title: Flight Attendant (Multiple Positions Available)
Location: Rankin Inlet, NU
Start Date: To Be Determined
Calm Air flight attendants are the forefront of the company, creating an outstanding experience for every guest. At Calm Air, flight attendants are entrusted with the safety and security of our guests, crew members and aircraft.
We are looking for dedicated, dynamic, safety-oriented professionals to join our team. Positions will be based out of Rankin Inlet, NU.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safety standards and cabin service, on the ground and in the air
- Participate in Crew briefings and passengers’ briefings
- Ensure that the pre-flight safety checks are completed in accordance with the checklists
- Maintain communication with the captain of any circumstance which may adversely affect the conduct of the flight, including any circumstance which may adversely affect the aircraft, passengers or fellow crew members
- Maintain and submit or distribute such paperwork as may be required to properly document the flight, including but not limited to, bar receipts and cash, operations reports, commissary reports, flight manifests, Company Mail, etc.
- Perform, to the best of their ability, their duties in accordance with established policy and procedure and in the best interests of safety, efficiency, and economy of the operation
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in a manner that is safe and in accordance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work:
- Full time – Available to work irregular hours, weekends/statutory holidays, and overnights at various stations
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Legal age required to serve alcohol in Manitoba and Nunavut
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to always maintain a professional image
- Individual initiative and detail orientated
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a crew
- Must have the ability to travel and possess a valid Canadian Passport
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area pass through WAA
- Must be able to meet Transport Canada Security Clearance Regulations
- Problem solving skills and ability to handle difficult situations
- Previous experience in aviation considered an asset
- Completion of the Flight Attendant Academy or the In-flight Instruction online Training Program-CT201 prior to employment
- Inuktitut language an asset
- Must be able to successfully pass the Flight Attendant Initial Training to be held in Rankin Inlet, NU
- Priority given to Inuit Land Claims Beneficiaries
As a federally regulated company, Calm Air is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to remain compliant with the recently announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
If this sounds like the job for you, contact us! Calm Air International is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume in confidence by October 25, 2021, to Meghan Dobel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.