Director of Flight Operations - Winnipeg, MB
Position Title: Director of Flight Operations
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Status: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
The Director of Flight Operations is responsible to the Vice President, Flight Operations for overall direction and supervision of Company flight operations and the development of policy and maintenance of standards associated with these functions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Company flight operations are conducted in accordance with the Aeronautics Act, Canadian Aviation Regulations,
- Commercial Air Service Standards and Operations Specifications, as may be issued and amended as well as the general and specific policies and instructions listed in this Manual
- Development and application of new operations policy and procedure in keeping with changing conditions, equipment, experience, and competency of personnel
- Supervise subordinate Managers and operations personnel in matters of salary, job classification, conflict resolution, hours of work, working conditions, vacations, and other personnel matters
- The Director of Flight Operations shall ensure that in his absence, all responsibilities for operational duties are delegated to another qualified individual
- Carry out the duties of “Managers/Supervisors/Leads” as detailed in the Safety Management Manual
- Prepare annual departmental budgets
- Monitor and analyze monthly expenditures to assigned GL accounts and explain variances
- Monthly Management reporting
- Adhere to all financial internal controls
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis within the Flight Ops Department
- Change management leadership-execute change while supporting employees through communication, listening, and taking action
- Promote Occupational Health and Safety within the Flight Ops Department and participate in development and monitoring of safety training
- Communicate SMS safety initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Safety & Leadership:
Carry out their duties safely within regulatory and company standards, policies, processes, and procedures as trained. Use safety equipment (tools, Proper Protective Equipment etc.) as provided. Actively identify and report hazards and deficiencies (when in doubt report). Assist in development of company processes and procedures as required.
• Promote occupational health and safety within your department and participate in the development and monitoring of safety training
• Proactively communicate hazards and SMS initiatives with your department.
• Embark on employment equity initiatives; engaging with all employees to promote employment equity and encouraging employees to undertake the self-declaration survey updating as necessary
• All levels of the organization share responsibility for human rights within the organization, overseeing and promoting continuous improvement on human rights and employment equity initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
• Minimum 3-5 years of Aviation Management experience
• Minimum 3 years experience as an Airline Pilot (705 Category Aircraft)
• Previous 737 experience preferred
• Superior interpersonal, listening, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Utmost integrity, discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism
• Able to build relationships and trust at all levels and in all functions across the organization
• Proven ability to maintain document control
• Strong operational knowledge
• Proven leadership skills (coaching, mentoring, influencer)
• Proficient with MS Office
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels in the Company
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Airport Identification Card (RAIC)
If this sounds like the job for you, contact us! Calm Air International is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume in confidence by September 26, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.