Customer Service Agent - NU
Position Title: Customer Service Agent
Location: Various Locations Throughout Nunavut
Status: Casual, Part Time, and Full Time Positions Available
Calm Air Customer Service Agents provide valuable front-line passenger support and assistance to our customers at the airports and before and after they board one of our flights. They are responsible for ensuring our passenger experience is positive and meets the standards of service that we set out as an organization in addition to complying with applicable regulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing curbside to curbside service to the travelling public as per Canadian Transportation Agency regulations
- Making and changing flight reservations in the computerized reservation system
- Checking in passengers and their baggage
- Calculate and charge any additional fees if applicable
- Issuing boarding passes, itineraries, and seating assignments as necessary
- Assist pre-boarding passengers to ensure safe movement to and from the aircraft
- Provide information on fares, flight schedules and routes in person or over the telephone
- Facilitate the safe movement of passengers between aircraft and terminal buildings
- Other duties as required
Hours of Work:
- Shift work is required and may include mornings/afternoons, evenings, and weekends
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) an asset
- Ability to learn a computerized reservation system
- Basic Computer skills (word, excel, office)
- Knowledge of an airline’s operations an asset
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Must have own transportation to and from work
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Security Clearance qualification
- Must be able to attend and complete initial Ground School Training
- Preference given to Inuit Land Claims Beneficiaries
- Inuktitut language considered an asset
As a federally regulated company, Calm Air is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
If this sounds like the job for you, contact us! Calm Air International is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume including which location and the type of employment they are interested in to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.