Aircraft Maintenance Avionics Technician - Winnipeg, MB
Position Title: AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AVIONICS TECHNICIAN
Start Date: Immediately
Reporting directly to the Base Engineer and taking direction from the on-shift Crew Chief, an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) maintains, services, inspects, tests, and undertakes fault diagnosis of airframe, engine (including propellers and rotors) and electrical systems, components, and accessories on aircraft.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all procedures necessary for maintenance or repairs to the aircraft and equipment
- Ensure all work carried out is properly documented in accordance with the Procedures manual
- Provide the appropriate ACA release as required
- Repair/calibration of Avionics components
- Must always comply with all safety regulations
- Maintain all Calm Air assigned training required within job role
- Ensure that all items of work are listed, recorded, and signed out on the appropriate work card
- Perform work procedures, while ensuring that approved methods and materials are used in a safe, efficient, and economical manner
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work:
- Shift work is required and may include mornings/afternoons, evenings and weekends
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) an asset
- Candidates must be graduates of an accredited aviation program
- Must provide proof of valid Transport Canada issued AME–E license
- Endorsements on ATR, Boeing, Airbus considered an asset
- Basic Computer skills (word, excel, office)
- Knowledge of an airline’s operations an asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 75lbs
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Security Clearance qualification
As a federally regulated company, Calm Air is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
If this sounds like the job for you, contact us! Calm Air International is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume in confidence by October 15, 2021 to Ryan Craddock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.