At Calm Air, the safety and security of our employees, contractors and customers, continues to be our first priority. The Calm Air Executive team continues to monitor the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, following the guidance of local governments, and international medical agencies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Calm Air employees are kept informed of preventative measures, health orders and travel regulations.
COVID-19 Travel Requirements
Updated October 1, 2022
Effective October 1, 2022, travellers are no longer required to:
- Undergo health check;
- Wear masks on planes; or
- Provide proof of vaccination.
*Although masking requirements have been lifted, all travellers are strongly recommended to wear high quality and well-fitted masks during their journeys.
As a reminder, no person should board a flight when they are feeling ill as this could potentially put others at risk. Should symptoms such as a fever, cough or difficulty breathing develop while in flight, please notify a crew member immediately. When arriving at your destination, you may be subject to further measures taken by the provincial or territorial government in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please remember it is your responsibility to be familiar with potential restrictions regarding your final destination.
For detailed information provided by Transport Canada, please visit travel.gc.ca/travel-covid.
Recommended Check-In Times (YWG/YTH)
Due to additional screening requirements, we ask that passengers ensure they report for check-in, a minimum of 2 hours prior to flight departure if you are departing from Winnipeg or Thompson.
Calm Air continues with the following precautionary measures for the health and safety of all passengers and team members:
- Deep clean aircraft grooming performed in Winnipeg, Thompson, and Rankin Inlet.
- Aircraft sanitizing (spray and UV methods)
- Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer and masks are provided on board each aircraft for all passengers.
- Pandemic preparedness kits located in all stations.
- Hand sanitizer provided in high traffic stations.
- Aircraft seat pocket materials have been reduced.
Thank-you for your cooperation with all mitigating measures, as safety continues to be Calm Air’s number one priority!
Calm Air has currently reinstated all in-flight service (hot and cold beverages, snacks, and meals where applicable). To avoid non-essential contact, individually packaged beverages, and snacks may be provided where possible.
If you have any questions regarding in-flight service for a particular route, please contact our Reservations team directly at 1-800-839-2256.
COVID-19 Cancellations, Credits and Refunds
Calm Air has relaxed some of our policies to make it easier to manage travel impacted by COVID-19.
Flights booked between April 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021
- Flights booked between April 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021 are permitted a one-time fee waiver for changes or cancellations.
- Changes or cancellations must be requested more than 24 hours from flight departure (unless otherwise permitted by the fare class purchased).
- The value of cancelled flights will be returned as a future Travel Credit valid for 12 months from the date your flight was cancelled.
- If you change your flight, the difference in fare applies. If the new fare is less, the difference will be available as a future Travel Credit.
- For changes or cancellations within 2 hours of travel, standard change and/or cancellation rules apply (unless otherwise permitted by the fare class purchased).
Flights booked after August 1, 2021
- Flights booked after August 1, 2021 will be subject to the applicable fare rules.
- Standard change and/or cancellation rules apply (unless otherwise permitted by the fare class purchased).
Travel requirements and/or restrictions are constantly changing, and therefore, we ask that you please review current health orders and travel restrictions prior to your travel date.
In addition to the information on this page, please feel free to contact our Reservations team by calling 1-800-839-2256 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can assist you further.
Travellers may also contact Service Canada directly with their inquiries, via phone at 1-800-O-CANADA (1-800-622-6232), or via their weblink www.canada.ca/en/contact/contact-1-800-o-canada.html.