- Book a Flight
- Modify a Booking
Please contact our Reservations Department (1-800-839-2256) for a detailed description of our services available, and to notify us of any special arrangements required prior to travel. While passengers with special needs can book with us online, please contact us after making your reservation, so that we can make a note of the required service for airport and in-flight crew to be able to better assist you. Even if the only assistance required is preboarding.
A woman in any stage of pregnancy is welcome to fly with us. Women past 36 weeks must consult a physician and obtain a written confirmation stating they are able to travel, and to ensure that the seat belt will not cause injury to the unborn child.
Passengers with Allergies
Calm Air allows small, domestic household pets in the cabin. Although we will do our best to minimize the impact from this by keeping animals contained throughout the flight, our aircraft is a public environment and therefore, we cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment. Calm Air does not serve peanuts as snacks. However, we may occasionally serve other snacks that contain nuts as part of their ingredients, and we cannot prevent other passengers from bringing items containing nuts onboard.
Passengers Travelling with Medication
- It is recommended that passengers bring all prescribed medications onboard with them at all times.
- Passengers who may require medication during flight and are unable to administer it themselves will be required to travel with an escort able to do so. Our in-flight crew members are not permitted to administer or distribute any medication.
- Passengers, who require syringes for medical reasons and will be transporting these items in their carry-on luggage, are advised to bring the medication which needs to be administered by a syringe with them. The medication needs to be in a container with the name of the medication and the name of either the dispensing pharmacy, or the manufacturer of the medication.
Visually Impaired Passengers
Visually impaired passengers are welcome on all Calm Air flights with or without a service animal. Visually impaired passengers will be pre-boarded, with or without their service animal which will be carried in the cabin of the aircraft, free of charge. The service animal will be required to travel at the passenger’s feet and must wear a harness at all times. We will accept a registered certificate, identification card and/or other written documentation from the professional training institute as verification that the animal is a certified.
Hearing Impaired Passengers
Hearing impaired passengers are welcome on Calm Air flights with or without a service animal or an attendant. Please call our Reservations Department at 1-800-839-2256, and one of our agents will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
Personal Attendant / Escort
Calm Air considers a personal attendant or escort as an able-bodied person capable of fully attending to the physical needs of the disabled passenger before, during and after a flight. The attendant is not required to be medically trained.
Passengers Requiring Oxygen
- Calm Air will permit a maximum of two (2) oxygen apparatus measuring no more than 22 inches in length including the regulator - per passenger aboard the aircraft.
- As only a maximum of two passengers requiring oxygen are permitted per flight, Calm Air should be notified of this requirement at the time of booking to ensure this limit has not been exceeded.
- Oxygen may not be checked as baggage under any circumstances.
- Passengers travelling with oxygen must have a doctor’s certificate or authorization from a Health Authority stating the passenger’s condition permits travel. It is recommended that persons requiring oxygen bring any other documents relating to the type of cylinder being carried onboard with them.
- If travelling with a battery-operated regulator for your oxygen cylinder, please bring extra batteries to ensure that your regulator for the oxygen flow is operable.
Passengers Requiring Wheelchairs
Calm Air will happily aid in transporting passengers who are confined to a wheelchair or require wheelchair/mobility assistance.
- For safety reasons, “Transport Canada” regulates the number of specific types of wheelchair services required on our aircraft. For this reason, we suggest advance notification be given to our Reservations Department at (1-800-839-2256), a minimum of 24 hours prior to departure. This way, our airport agents and in-flight crew can be prepared for the arrival of passengers requiring wheelchair/mobility assistance.
- Each passenger requiring a wheelchair is permitted to bring, in addition to their free baggage allowance; one wheelchair to be carried in the baggage compartment of the aircraft. Braces, crutches, walkers, canes, and other assistance devices will be accepted free of charge.
- We will accept wheelchairs that carry wet cell (lead acid) and dry cell (gel cell) batteries. Wet cell batteries will require special handling and packaging at the airport as they are considered dangerous goods.
Children between the ages of five (5) and eleven (11) years who are not travelling with a passenger at least 12 years of age or over, are designated unaccompanied minors. Calm Air provides a special service for unaccompanied minors, which is subject to a service charge of $25.00 CAD plus tax each way, payable at the time of booking.PLEASE NOTE: Effective November 1, 2016, the unaccompanied minor fee will be $100 CAD plus tax each way, payable at the time of booking.
- While it is possible to book an unaccompanied minor online, please contact our Reservations Department at least 24 hours prior to departure so that we may ensure the booking contains proper contact information, and comments to notify airport agents to be prepared for your child’s arrival. Alternatively, you may make reservations for unaccompanied minors directly through Calm Air Reservations at 1-800-839-2256.
- Unaccompanied minors aged 5-7 years may travel only on a direct or non-stop flight, where connections or change of aircraft are not required.
- For your child’s security and protection, Calm Air will require the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the guardian(s) bringing the child to the airport and meeting the child at their final destination. This is information is mandatory, and must be added to the reservation.
- Please check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to allow sufficient time for all forms to be completed. The parent/guardian who brings the unaccompanied minor to the airport must present valid photo identification at the check-in counter, and is required to remain at the airport at least 15 minutes after flight departure.
- One gate pass may be given to a parent or guardian dropping off the Unaccompanied Minor - provided they have proper identification.
- Please be assured that your child will be properly supervised by airport staff and in-flight crew while on the ground and during flight. It is suggested your child bring favorite toys, games and reading material to keep them comfortable and entertained during flight.
- The parent or guardian picking up the child upon arrival in their final destination must also present valid photo identification.
- Children under five (5) years of age are not permitted to travel unaccompanied.
- One child under two (2) years of age may travel at no charge provided he/she is accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger (12 years of age or older), and is seated on the adult’s lap for the duration of the flight. Only one (1) infant is permitted to travel per adult fare-paying passenger.
- For safety reasons, the adult must hold the infant during take-off, landing, and whenever the seatbelt sign is illuminated or whenever requested to do so by the flight crew.
- Identificatoin is required for proof of age.
- If a seat is purchased for the infant, the infant must be restrained in a Transport Canada approved car seat.
- The AmSafe CARES device is specifically designed for children ages 1 to 4 and weighing between 10-20 kg (22-44 pounds) and whose height is 100 cm (40 inches) or less. It uses the existing aircraft passenger safety belt, and holds the upper torso of the child against the aircraft seatback., a harness and buckle device that attaches directly to the aircraft seat is permitted onboard Calm Air aircraft. For more information regarding this Transport Canada approved restraint system, please go to http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/commerce/cabinsafety.
- Passengers travelling with an infant may check-in a car seat or stroller at no additional charge, but the regular “Free Baggage Allowance” does not apply to an infant when a seat is not purchased. A playpen may be substitued for either of the above items.