- Book a Flight
- Modify a Booking
Calm Air’s maximum “free baggage allowance” per fare-paying passenger is two (2) pieces of baggage with a combined weight of no more than 70 lbs, which includes valet items. Individual pieces must weigh no more than 50 lbs each and measure (L + W + H) less than 62 inches (158 cm). This is known as the “free baggage allowance” and will be carried at no charge.
When traveling on Calm Air, the size, weight and number of bags you may check is limited to the “free baggage allowance” detailed above. Baggage exceeding the maximum free allowance (too large, too heavy, too many pieces), will be assessed an excess baggage fee, may be required to be shipped as cargo, and will travel subject to availability of space and weight. The maximum combined weight of all pieces accepted as checked baggage will be 100 lbs per fare-paying passenger (70lbs free, 30lbs excess). Baggage over this limit must be shipped as cargo.
* Any individual piece exceeding 70 lbs (32 kg) or 115 inches (292 cm) in total linear dimensions or 80 inches (203 cm) in length will not be accepted as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo.
Please refer to the following chart for an example of possible excess charges:
|WITHIN PIECE LIMIT||3 OR MORE PIECES|
|Overweight (51-70lbs)||$25||Within Weight & Demensions||$75|
|Oversized (62-115in)||$25||Overweight (51-70lbs)||$100|
|Oversized & Overweight||$50||Oversized (62-115in)||$100|
|*all figures CAD + GST||Oversized & Overweight||$125|
*Please allow extra time at the airport for the checking of excess baggage. All excess baggage will travel subject to availability of space and weight.
Interline Transfer of Baggage
Calm Air is not able to interline tag your baggage to another airline. If you are transferring to/from another carrier, please allow sufficient time to collect your baggage and re-check it in with the next carrier.
- Identify any perishable items you may be checking, so that the appropriate labels can be attached to each item. “Limited Release” tags will be filled out, realeasing Calm Air of all liability.
- Do not wrap bungee cords, ties, or straps around baggage.
- Keep all loose handles, hooks and straps closed securely and, if possible, remove them. These can catch on conveyers and belt loaders, possibly causing damage to your baggage or that of other passengers.
- Remove all old airline tags.
- Attach identification tags to the inside and outside of the bags - include name, destination, contact #, and address.
- Keep all medications, keys and high value items such as cameras, jewelry, electronic devices, cash, credit cards and identification with you; do not place them in your checked baggage.
- It is recommended that you pack your camera film in your carry-on baggage as new screening equipment used by CATSA may damage photographic film packed in checked baggage. It does not affect digital disks.
- If you lock your luggage, please be advised that Calm Air is not liable for any damage resulting from any security measures taken by Transport Canada or CATSA.
- Keep a list of packed items and their estimated value in a safe place at home. Report any missing, delayed or damaged items to our agents before leaving the airport or at least within 1 hour of arrival.
- Airport security personnel require that gifts be unwrapped and available for inspection. If you are transporting a wrapped gift, please pack it in your checked baggage.